Alpaca Box Challenge Resources
- Webinar Recording for Participating Teachers on September 26 @ 7:00 PM ET / 4:00 PM PT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0S5hGzBYGE
- Lesson Activities and Options for Introducing the Refugee Crisis and the Alpaca Box Challenge
- Technology Tools for Communication and Collaboration
Connect & Learn
- Google+ Community to network and learn from other teachers participating in the Challenge: https://plus.google.com/u/0/
- Follow us on Twitter @LichenPeace: http://twitter.com/lichenpeace
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting resources and background:
Operation Refugee Child Refugee Child Hope Box information and checklist
Newsela Refugee Crisis Lesson with Text Set for multiple reading levels
National Geographic has excellent lessons on why people migrate.
The lesson on the fundamental needs of people that is part of many Montessori classrooms can be seen here.
A then seventeen year old girl produced a short film about her life in a refugee camp.
UNHCR has many resources for teaching about refugees, including 7 videos guaranteed to change the way you think about refugees.